Monday 31 March 2014

Circular skirts!

I really love the volume and femininity of circular skirts especially when worn with a petticoat underneath. A staple 1950s look that can be made into dresses or skirts and out of a variety if fabrics. This one I've made is created in a navy cotton with small blue flowers that I purchased as an end of roll sale on eBay. One of my favourite things about my upcoming business venture is that the garments I make are completely unique because the fabrics I buy are often one off pieces I find in auctions or shops.
The best place I've found so far to go fabric shopping is goldhawk road in London. It's just fabric shop after fabric shop and each one is an alladin's cave of stacks of fabrics and there's often a good chance of a barter over the price if you buy bigger quantities or the end of the rolls. I love a good bargain and the chance to get the last of something so I know I've got something really special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment